Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's back. Back?!

That's
(my interpretation of)
the conclusion of the MRI
I took this afternoon.
Remember that I had an appointment at the surgeon's lately? Alright, I only talked about what happened before and not about what happened next. I left the surgeon with:

1) an appointment for an MRI
2) another appointment to discuss the MRI
3) an appointment with a colleague of his for an iso-kinetic test. All of this concentrated in less than a week. Efficient.




The main problem for which we've got to find the source in order to fix it, is that the knee refuses to bend to the max. Hence the MRI.

This time, there was no music in the headphones which reduced the noise of the machine. I missed the Destiny's Child a bit.

This time, I didn't forget to take off my rings. The magnetic resonances make them vibrate and heat too much to make the same mistake twice.

This time, I had the priviledge to see the images on the radiologist's computer, who showed me several key-points -- Great bow tie, by the way: I bet it was cut in a 90's Christmas table cloth.
He asked me questions to fill up his form "So this is a sports accident. What sport? Roller-what?", made me repeat twice to finally write "Roller-Hockey" on the sheet...

But above all, he showed me that thin black line... The ligament. Healing.
Healing?!
Last time I checked, there was nothing left. Wasn't supposed to grow back. "It's long, but it's on the recovery process" and then he saw me out, asking me to wait for my file.

First thing I did was rush to the loos, lock me in and cry. I know, I'm emotional. OMGOMGOMG. OMFG.

On the report of the MRI, the conclusion says that "the healing of the ligament is relatively satisfying" but that "it doesn't prejudge its functional capacities".

Time will tell. But a little bit of something is better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Of course it's growing back ; Remember you are a Kozmic girl.
    If the cosmic matter is the unique matter useful for the creation of the worlds, according to this (real) definition, your Kozmic body can heal itself. ;)

    By the way, I'm really really happy for you ! *hug* <3

    ReplyDelete