Wednesday, November 14, 2012

FMyLife #8

-- Last and (hopefully) final episode of a loooong headbanging story: Validating my third stay in rehab!
By the way, when I talk about rehab, I mean physiotherapy! I clarify it here because it put me into funny situations. Like that time when the organizer of the World Freestyle Skating Championships confessed to me that she had been quite shocked to learn about my rehab adventures: she had understood alcohol and drugs. FYI I judged 90% of the competition...

In my last FMyLife post about it, I recounted the episode of the phone call to my insurance when they innocently asked me if I wanted an official paper vouching for the tacit agreement of their medical control.

I was naive enough to assume that my days of fighting were finally over.
Chapter #1: The Downward Spiral.
Last week, the medical control called me again and told me that:
"Hi... err... I was calling to tell you that the operator who anounced you that your file was validated... well, she misinterpreted the data on her computer. It is just said that the medical control saw your request. Not that they agreed to it. But here's their number, so call them maybe."

Alright. Here we go again.


Chapter #2: Hitting Rock Bottom.
I called. I asked what was going on with my agreement, and the doctor said: "You gave a certificate." Yeah... that was the point... "And we cannot do nothing with that. So we just put it on the side." So I asked her when they were going to tell me that my file was in stand-by. "We need a prescription to study your request." Are they just kidding me?! This is my third request, I already did two stays and it worked well like that until now. They maintained that it was not the right way and that I must have missed a couple of hidden stages in my previous agreements. (This is a very short reconstruction).
Now let's assume that I get a prescription: Will I have to wait for two more months before I get a new answer, which may be negative again? "Now listen, miss. If I promise that I will boost your file, I will keep my word!" After a cordial exchange of blows, we took leave of each other.

Chapter #3: Crawling Up.
There is a public holiday right in the middle of the week so that everybody is more or less taking a long weekend off. Hard to get an appointment at the doctor's. Every cloud has its silver lining though, and fate had it that I was spending my week in Bordeaux. I phoned to my family doctor who fit me in the emergency slot two days later.
After I had explained the whole situation -- for which he sympathized because he is currently walking with a crutch due to his torn Achilles tendon back in September -- he carefully examined my knee in order to back up the prescription with solid arguments. Then we realized that he did not have the form requested by my insurance in stock, and that he had to order it to the Social Security. He would contact me as soon as he would receive it...

Chapter #4: The Wait.
A week passed. And one day, I found the completed form in my letter box! I hastened to call the medical control to be sure what to do with it. The operator recognized me. Haha. We agreed that the fastest way was to go to their office and give it to the secretary. She assured me that she would study it the morrow with the doctor.

Chapter #5: The Win.
Did I say that my phone is living its last days? It was stroke by Alzheimer this summer and it became deaf as a post a couple of days ago. I am only reachable by text messages. I left my land line and Wonka's number in my letter to the medical control.
They called me this morning! At 8-ish. Given that I sleep until 12-ish these days, it was far too early. But let's not be picky.
The girl recognized me (I had two girls when I had the phone argument: I don't know if I talked to the comprehensive or the pissed one). And she announced me that they had just faxed the document to the rehab center!

To-do list of the day:
1. getting updated attestation of insurance entitlement
2. mailing rest of papers to rehab center
3. calling rehab center
...Wish me luck!

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment