Monday, October 29, 2012

Full Circle.

Same date, same teams.
The rematch.
Full of symbols, full of meaning.

I am the birthday girl,
And I came full circle!

The first was my last.
The second was my first.
And now I'm back...



Oct. 29th, 2011
Oct. 27th, 2012























The anniversary bout: Gent was the last one I shared with the Paris RollerGirls same time last year, and the rematch happens to be my maiden bout after a 11-month recovery!

Which I was a whisker away from not playing as I spent the two previous days confined to bed unable to move because of a lumbago I caught at the fitness center -- there are some crazy viruses waiting for their preys in there. Felt like crying out of injustice. But with a lot of massage (thanks Wonka), an alternation of heat and ice pads (thanks dad), proteins and water (thanks bro') and heat belts to remain warm after warm-ups and in-between game periods (thanks Mamy), I did it! 
Stronger than pain, stronger than fate!


RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment