Wednesday, September 28, 2011

72-96-68

Thank God it's NOT my measurements, but my results for a physical recovery test.

This morning I went to the doctor for the annual appointment to get my medical certificate proving I'm allowed to do sports...
He made me do the Ruffier-Dickson Test to ckeck my capacity to adapt to a physical effort. The test is very basic and you must have experienced it at least once in your life.

The test is run following three steps :
  1. Take your Heart Rate at rest on 1 minute (sitting or laying down) (P1)
  2. Make 30 up & down knee flexions within 45 sec with the feet flat on the floor.Take your HR on 15 sec (P2)
  3. Rest 1 minute, and take your Heart Rate (P3)


Calculate the index according to the formula :
Index = (P1+P2+P3-200)/10

Index value Adaptation to physical effort
>15 Weak
between 10 & 15 Average
Between 5 & 10 Good
Between 0 & 5 Very good
< 0 Excellent

I do that very test every year at the same doctor's and I'm used to be around 3.5. Which is pretty good.
Greater surprise this year: I'm 1.8! With my heart rate under 100 after activity.

DERBY IS GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment